Published on January 5th, 2011 | by Kieran0
Possibly my favourite of all dishes, again derived from a Weight Watchers recipe this has to be one of the easiest recipes in the world. Nice and simple, hardest thing has been trying to find the Balti paste in the shops.
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 6 small new potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 300ml (1/2 pint) chicken stock
- 2 tsp balti curry paste (pataks is my favorite)
- Heat the frying pan and spray with low fat cooking spray (or use some oil), then stir fry the chicken for 4 minutes until golden brown round the edges and white all over. Add the potatoes, onion and garlic and fry for a further 4 minutes until turning golden.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and curry paste and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 20 minutes until the chicken is tender and cooked through and the sauce has thickened.