Published on January 12th, 2011 | by Kieran0
Pano Logic announces Next Generation Zero Client
Today, Pano Logic announced Pano System 4, a next generation zero client device that will replace PCs and thin clients with server-side software flexible enough to support all three leading hypervisor platforms.
These next generation zero client devices are:
- Secure – Zero clients have zero footprint, so controlled access to information enables 100% data security and compliance at the endpoint.
- Manageable – Pano System 4 is centrally managed and contains no moving parts, slashing the cost of computing and hardware, reducing energy consumption by 95% and freeing IT for more important tasks.
- Flexible – Pano System 4 is the industry’s first and only server-side software flexible enough to support three leading hypervisor platforms without the need for expensive remoting or display protocols, client side compute processing, or convoluted driver stacks.
Pano System 4 is the only desktop virtualization solution available that can support Citrix XenDesktop, Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere/View interchangeably, and interoperate with each platform’s management systems. Enhanced user experience and functionality, including added native dual monitor support and enhanced USB support for VoIP and webcams is also included in Pano System 4. Customers now have flexibility and investment protection for their heterogeneous environments while providing end users with an optimum user experience.
Pano System 4 Details:
With Pano System 4, Pano Logic customers will enjoy the industry’s most flexible and open approach to desktop virtualization regardless of the underlying hypervisor, IT infrastructure or choice of endpoint device. Customers also get one year of maintenance and support included. New with Pano System 4 are:
Next Generation Pano Zero Client:
- Four USB ports supporting real-time communications such as VoIP, for video conferencing, voice recording and speakers/headphones
- Enhanced video rich media support/performance
- Dual DVI monitor ports along with VGA monitor support
- Integrated audio input/output jack
- Award winning green design is available in silver (chrome) or matte black finish, and still only 3.5” (88.8m) square, 2” (51mm) tall
- Power consumption continues to be the industry’s lowest at 6 watts
Pano System 4 Software:
Platform support for
- VMwareVI3 or vSphere 4.0-4.1, View 4.0 and 4.5, vCenter Server 4.1
- Microsoft Hyper-V in Windows Server 2008 R2, Hyper-V Server along with System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- Citrix XenDesktop 4 and NetScaler (optional Citrix Provisioning Server)
Pano System 4 as well as implementation services are available in Ireland from Softech Limited.