Published on December 13th, 2008 | by Kieran0
Another Weightwatcher recipe, once you make this creamy Korma, you’ll no longer be looking for the take-away menu.
- 1 spray low-fat cooking spray
- 2 medium onion(s), chopped
- 1 medium apple(s), chopped
- 4 teaspoon curry powder, mild
- 450 g skinless chicken breast, uncooked, boneless, cut into chunks
- 1 stock cube, (make 1/2 pint)
- 25 g sultana(s)
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 125 g dried rice, basmati
- 1 medium banana(s)
- 8 tablespoon natural low-fat yogurt, plain
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 serving pepper, freshly ground, black
- 4 sprig fresh coriander, (to garnish)
- Mist a large saucepan with spray cooking oil. Sauté onions and apple for 3-4 minutes. Stir in curry powder.
- Add chicken. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, until sealed all over.
- Add chicken stock, sultanas and tomato puree. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for about 40 minutes.
- Twelve minutes before end of cooking time, put rice on to cook in plenty of lightly salted boiling water.
- Just before serving, add sliced banana, chopped coriander and 4 tablespoons of yogurt to the curry. Season. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve curry with hot cooked rice, adding one tablespoon of yogurt to each portion. Garnish with coriander.